“What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31)
This stunning statement is founded on the unalterable attributes of the triune God (Romans 8:31-35). God Himself secures our salvation; who then can possibly undo His work?
• “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” (Psalm 27:1).
• “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1).
• “In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me” (Psalm 56:11).
God Himself is the giver and the protector of our salvation.
• “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life” (John 5:24).
• “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand” (John 10:28).
• “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4).
What can possibly undo the work of the omnipotent and omniscient triune Godhead and Creator of all things? It is utter foolishness to yield our eternity to the Savior and then conclude that our feeble efforts could somehow thwart a work of eternity. HMM III
From Days of Praise